- Two years after the bailout, life in Greece has gotten more miserable, USA Today, July 2017
- New “Education Passport” Tested in Greece, Alfanar, July 2017
- On Dimitris Christoulas: He is part of history now, AlJazeera, April 2017
- English speakers fight for equality in French-run Cameroon, USA Today, February 2017
- European do-gooders break the law to smuggle in migrants, USA Today, February 2017
- This is the only world capital with two time zones, USA Today, December 2016
- Muslims in Athens Prepare City Mosque, AlJazeera, November 2016
- Growing migrant deaths provoke tears, desperation for families left behind, USAToday, June 2016
- Investigative Project: The Criminal Migrant Shipping Network, The Journalism Fund, 2016
- Small Greek village copes with thousands of migrants unable to leave, USAToday, March 2016.
- Greek dilemma: Are new jobs created by gold mine worth the ecological risk?, Christian Science Monitor, November 2014.
- Getting Down and Dirty, Feature story for Geographical Magazine, September Issue, 2014